Get in Touch with Us!
Call us at 785-462-7511
Prairie Senior Living Complex considers it an honor and privilege to care for those who live here. Please visit your family member anytime you are able, we are happy to help you with any special arrangements as part of these visits. We know the stress and difficulties that a family deals with when a family member requires daily care. Our care can include the management of medications, activities of daily living, coordinating medical care, memory support, housing, and nutritional meals.
The care that chronic or terminal illnesses require is often greater than family members can safely and competently provide alone. An important key to your family member’s wellbeing in later years is the maintenance of a lifestyle that is enjoyable and comfortable for them. We understand this and that is why we encourage visitors, host celebrations, social events, personal interactions, and promote a caring and family oriented atmosphere.
We are dedicated to fulfilling the mission of Citizens Medical Center in “Providing compassionate care that promotes dignity and well-being.”
What is Available for Your Loved One Here:
- Receive Medical and Nursing care provided by highly qualified and caring professionals that respect you, take time to answer your questions, and are available when you need them.
- Participate in the care management program that helps them take control of their health and wellness decisions. The focus is on creating a personalized care plan that maximizes their overall health and is sensitive to any changes.
- Receive important and timely updates about your family member.
- Receive specialized therapy from Physical, Occupational, or Speech Therapists.
- Live in a variety of personal rooms that allow them to determine the size of their accommodations and include access to modern conveniences.
- Participate in activities that they enjoy and are designed to keep them involved in the local community and provide mental support. They can continue to enjoy activities that include their favorite activities, attending religious services, the salon, and interacting with our pets.
- Participate in various social events that include holiday celebrations, birthdays, and the observance of other important days in their life.
- Participate in fitness activities designed to promote good overall health.
- Dine on nutritious and enjoyable meals while receiving assistance from a dietician to ensure their overall good health.
- Receive transportation where and when they would like; this includes transportation to community activities, perform errands, or attend medical appointments.
- Receive laundry and housekeeping services.
- Receive care from the dedicated professionals from our Special Care Unit if they have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia.
Things to Discuss with Us:
- They should feel at home; please let us know how we can help personalize their room.
- We want to know them, their family, and their friends; please help us get to know them and meet those people who are important to them.
- They can have visitors whether just to visit or to join them for a meal, please let us know how we can help you arrange these visits.
- You can talk to us about any problems your family is having; we have social workers on staff to assist you as part of the emotional support we provide you.
- Everyone should feel safe, if you have concerns about this please let us know.
How to Arrange Care for Your Family Member:
To arrange care for your family member please contact our Social Services designee at (785) 462-8295. You may also fill out a contact form in the Become a Resident section of our website and we can contact you.
We pride ourselves on providing an environment that demonstrates our desire to provide a caring and dignified living environment for you. Please contact us at (785) 462-8295Prairie Senior Living Complex 1625 S. Franklin Avenue Colby, KS 67701-3722 (785) 462-8295