Get in Touch with Us!
Call us at 785-462-7511
Preparing for Swingbed
Swing Bed Care is a short-term, extended care program designed for patients who no longer require the level of care provided in the Acute Care Nursing department but remain in need of skilled nursing or rehabilitation services. Patients are eligible for Swing Bed admission at CMCI whether they were admitted to the Acute Care Department here or at another facility. The goal of Swing Bed is to provide transitional services that allow patients to transition from Acute Care towards Hospital Discharge in a medically prudent manner.
Qualifications for Swing Bed:
- Transfer into the Swing Bed Department must be related to an Acute Care admission.
- Must have been a patient in the Acute Care Department for 72 hours during the past 30 days.
- Must continue to require Skilled Nursing or Therapy/Rehabilitative services daily.
What are Skilled Services:
- Skilled services are ordered by medical providers.
- Require services to be provided by certified or licensed health care professionals.
- Services must be provided directly or under the supervision of skilled personnel to ensure patient safety and achieve medically desired results.
Additional helpful information can be found in the Preparing for Admission section of our website.
Arrange Swing Bed Admission:
Contact our Swing Bed Admissions Coordinator at (785) 460-4862.Contact Us: Citizens Medical Center, Inc. 100 E. College Drive Colby, KS 67701 (785) 462-7511
- Specialty Clinic
- Medical Services
- Small Steps!
- Physician Opportunities
- Job Openings
- Hospital Directory
- Maps & Directions
- Health Care Expansion
- Patient Rights
- CMCI Leadership
- Employee Access
- Patient Portal