Get in Touch with Us!
Call us at 785-462-7511
At Citizens Medical Center we respect our patient’s right to receive compassionate, confidential, respectful, and professional care. We specifically recognize our patient’s right to the following:
- Impartial access to care and treatment provided in a safe and secure setting.
- Respectful care given by competent personnel with every reasonable consideration of privacy.
- Expect that all communications and records pertaining to his/her care will be treated as confidential, except in cases such as suspected abuse or public health hazards when reporting is permitted or required by law.
- Be given the name of his/her attending physician, the names and functions of all practitioners, and other health care persons directly participating in his/ her care.
- Make health care decisions, the right to the information necessary to make treatment decisions reflecting the patient’s wishes and to request a change in his/her physician or transfer to another health care facility due to religious or other reasons.
- Accept medical care, to refuse treatment to the extent permitted by state law and to be informed of the medical consequences of refusing treatment.
- Formulate advance directives and appoint a surrogate to make health care decisions on the patient’s behalf to the extent permitted by law.
- Assistance in obtaining consultation with another physician or practitioner at the patient’s request and own expense.
- Hospital services without discrimination based upon his/her race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or source of payment.
- Review and access information contained in his/her medical records and to have the information explained or interpreted, except when restricted by law.
- Current, clear, and complete information concerning his/her diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis.
- Examine and receive a detailed explanation of his/her bill.
- Be informed of the facility’s policies and procedures regarding patient care and treatment.
- Communication with persons outside the facility. This includes the right to visitors, mail, telephone calls, and other communication as long as treatment is not compromised.
- Have a family member or representative and own physician notified promptly of admission to hospital.
- Be free from all forms of abuse or harassment.
- Be free from any form of restraints or seclusion that is not medically necessary or used as a means of coercion, discipline, convenience, or retaliation by staff.
- Consent or refuse involvement of student health care professionals in his/her medical care.
- Express concerns or grievances regarding quality of care. If you have a concern or grievance during your stay, contact the Patient Representative, Risk Manager, or the CEO to visit about your concerns and to get assistance in finding a timely and reasonable solution. Please feel free to contact your Patient Representative at Ext. 858, or the Risk Manager at Ext. 847. You may also contact the Kansas Department of Health and Environment at (800) 842-0078 or write them at 1000 S. W. Jackson, Suite 200, Topeka, KS 66612. You may also contact Kansas Foundation for Medical Care with grievances at (800) 432-0407.
Contact Us:Citizens Medical Center, Inc. 100 E. College Drive Colby, KS 67701 (785) 462-7511
- Specialty Clinic
- Small Steps!
- Physician Opportunities
- Job Openings
- Hospital Directory
- Maps & Directions
- Health Care Expansion
- Patient Rights
- CMCI Leadership
- Employee Access
- Patient Portal